Friday, June 24, 2011

Work

So I survived my first real day of work. I went in Monday at 7pm and didn't leave until about 8am Tuesday morning, needless to say I was exhausted.

I kinda felt like a student all over again because I basically just followed my nurse around seeing how they do everything up on the floor. I couldn't log into the medication system yet so I didn't get to do much. But it was still good and now I know what to expect. I work again tonight at 7 and work 4 days in a row, not sure how that's gonna go. Tuesday morning I was exhausted and pretty much worthless all day, I got nothing done.

The biggest thing for me was switching to a night schedule and then switching back to a normal day schedule. I tried not sleeping very long on Tuesday but I was so tired I slept through 2 alarms and woke up 2 hours after I wanted to. I was still able to go back to bed that night but not until midnight. I've gotten a few tips from people so I will try those out and let you know :)

Tonight I will start off with 2 patients on my own, so I will be responsible for all their care and I am excited. I think I'll get a much better feel for the floor and types of patients now that I will have my own. Don't worry technically they will still be my nurses' patients' too and I am sure I'll be asking lots of questions, but I will get to be a little more independent.

Wish me luck for the next 4 days!

1 comment: