Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend was much needed, fun and relaxation.

Friday night Jason's team had a baseball game (he coaches Leon's summerball team) so he went there while I stayed home and just watched tv. 30 minutes into the game it was called because of thunder and lightening so Jason came home early and we got to eat dinner and then watch Toy Story 3 together. Truth be told I wasn't watching it the whole time so I don't know if I really like it. I kept getting distracted by reading other blogs and facebook and Jason fell asleep 20 minutes in. I feel like we're this old couple, we stayed home and watched a kids movie on a Friday night, hah, I don't really care though, it was nice :)

Saturday my goal was to wake up early and go to the gym before I started the day, that definitely did not happen. I slept in until about 9:45, then moseyed around for about an hour before finally getting ready.

My friend Ashlyn had her baby shower yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Her husband's mom hosted it at her house and all the decorations were so cute. She had pictures of both Ashlyn and Russell as babies, had so many cute onesies hanging up (all neutral since the sex of the baby is going to be a surprise), and the food and drinks were so good. We played some fun games and I won! You had to guess how many jelly beans were in the bottle and I was only 3 away.
me with the mom to be.

My two sisters and me (my mom was there too but I didn't get a picture of all of us)

The shower was a lot of fun, and I'm so excited to meet her new little one and find out if its a girl or a boy.

Saturday night we went with a bunch of friends out to El Jalisco's for dinner and margaritas and then went and played pool at pockets. Most of us girls that went just talked while the guys actually played. I did try but pool is not something I'm good at.


 

Me, Victoria, and Kendall



Sunday we spent the day at my parents house. We grilled, swam, and just hung out. My older sister got into town late Saturday night so she was there too. Everytime the whole family is together it is crazy. Instead of trying to explain it, I'll just show pictures. 

Jared warming up his muscles for the flex competition.
My dad, Tyler, Nicole, and Jared

Tyler and Jared trying to flex (sry pics aren't clear, they're from my phone)
Needless to say, I think everyone had a great Father's Day. 

This weekend was a lot of fun, but I am excited to actually start working on the floor at the hospital. I'll be sure to update how my first week goes.

1 comment:

  1. My husband Stephen and I sit around and watch kid movies, too! So don't feel so old. Atleast you don't sing along with the Wonderpets theme song (thanks to our God-daughter's horrid obsession). =)

    ReplyDelete