Friday, July 1, 2011

Catching up

So it's been a little while, I've been a bit lazy updating the blog, whoops. 

Anyway, there's been much going on around the Frunzi home, starting with a New Car!!  We went last Thursday to a couple places and decided on a new 2011 Mazda 3. The color is graphite (dark grey) and it has black interior. I couldn't love it anymore! 


(sorry for the bright glare, our driveway is half shaded)

(yes I did cover my license plate with my finger, I don't really want that all over the internet for obvious reasons)

(The inside, the picture doesn't do it justice, its especially cool at night, everything lights up red )

(The interior, although the picture makes the seat look grey, its actually black too)


And last but not least the front, it almost looks like it smiles at you :)

Anywho, we love the car, (minus there being a little scratch that turned into an ordeal but was taken care of) especially because neither of us have ever had a new car before :) I'm making it my goal to keep it super clean and even vacuum it quite often (I probably vacuumed my old car 3 times in the 4 years I had it).

I will be driving the new car, and Jason will be driving my old Lancer. So I like to call it my car, but if you ask Jason he will says its his ;) His truck is pretty old and definitely has a lot of cosmetic damage but we're hoping to get at least a little bit from it.

So, a big reason I haven't been blogging is because I've been sleeping. I completed my four in a row night shifts on Tuesday morning and my sleep schedule has been off ever since. I slept all day Tuesday then stayed up until 3 and finally made it bed. Wednesday night was a little better but I was still up until 2am and last night I went to bed at 1:15. I'm still trying to adjust my schedule back to sleeping at night and not during the day on my days off, I just haven't perfected it yet.

Work is going pretty well, I think I am getting the hang of things better and am feeling a little more independent.  I'm up to caring for 3 patients and hopefully tonight I will get 4. Believe it or not I've actually been kinda bored at work. There aren't too many medications to be giving in the middle of the night and the few there are don't take very long when you only have 2 or 3 patients. There also aren't doctors around with new orders so there aren't too many new tasks to complete. The other nurse's on the floor commented that it has been pretty slow compared to normal so I'm kinda wondering how tonight will go. I really wouldn't mind it being busier because the shift will go by so much faster, but I don't wanna jinx it or anything.

I work tonight, have Saturday off, and then work Sunday and Monday night. I'm going to try and still have a little fun on Fourth of July, I just won't get too much sleep. After this weekend, I don't have anymore full weekends (unless the schedule changes) so I'm looking forward to that, Jason and I haven't gotten to see too much of each other. 

I finally made an appointment with a personal trainer at my gym. The first appointment they basically just do an assessment and see what you can do and what you would like to work on. I went on Wednesday and I think it went well. i consider myself in decent shape but I know that I need to stretch more and that I have a very week core. We did a sit and reach test, (obviously not me but in case you didn't know what that was, here's a picture)


basically testing my flexibility and I definitely scored in the low category, I got a 28 and he said 32 was average, haha. I did score excellent on the cardiovascular fitness so that did make me feel better :) We had about 15 minutes left of the session so we did a little ab workout and omg I am soo sore, still. I can hardly stand straight because my abs, or lack there of, are so tight. I also know that the best thing for me would be to continually do those ab workouts, but I've been a bit lazy so I haven't. My own fault.

Well I'm off to bed for a couple hours before my shift, but I hope everyone has a great Friday and 3 day weekend (unless you work like me :/), Happy Fourth of July! (a few days early)
~Candace

2 comments:

  1. I just told Kurt, "The Frunzis don't play around!" haha! Sounds like you guys are doing really well.

    Congrats on the car! I've always wanted a Mazda, mainly for how they look...hehe. That's awesome that you got a personal trainer. I need to work out, thanks for the incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new car! I love when cars have all black interior it just looks so swankey lol.

    Uhh and totally feeling you on the need for more stretching thing. I recently did some personal training sessions and they were brutal yet addicting ha. Have you heard of crossfit,I think you'd love it!

    ReplyDelete